|Phnom Penh, 1989|
- Eleven new translations:
- The key texts that made the "Berri affair" (Jean de Florette, Uranus),
- Two texts in Double Exposure, the Columbia uni undergraduate film journal (Paris, Texas and Andre Bazin),
- Two texts on Robert Kramer (Route One USA, Diesel),
- Three texts in Tobias Hering's book Point of view (Straubian pedagogy, On paper, The restaging),
- A great little text on Who framed Roger Rabbit? in the exhibition catalog for the reopening of New York Sculpture Center,
- Daney's views on French video art pioneer Jean-Christophe Averty.
- And a few extras:
- 2014 saw 4,500 "visitors" but as always most of these "users" only stay on the site for a few seconds and I'm fearing they are crawling robots. I reckon we're around 1,000-1,500 actual people who read something on the website (i.e. spent more than 1 minute on a page). This is a big number. Thanks all.
- Google analytics tell me that c.50% of you were English speaking, and that, although 95% of you read this on your laptop (as opposed to a tablet or smartphone), only 5% of you used Internet Explorer (you alternative bunch).
- And you seem to have preferred the 2013 posts written with Otie Wheeler as Mannerism and La Rampe remain quite popular.
2015 will see the tenth anniversary of this blog (no kidding). Don't expect too many big surprises though, I'm currently struggling to make the time to post (blame it on the need for paid work).
Happy New Year to you all.